PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
● Ascendance Sdn Bhd (ASB) respects your personal data and is committed to ensure that your personal data is protected at all times. ASB assures you that your personal data is collected, retained and disclosed for lawful purposes in a fair and justified manner.
● This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued in compliance with the Personal Data
Protection Act 2010.
● ASB collects your personal data such as your name, email address, contact number and other personal details filled in by you in the registration form or other relevant forms relating to your interest to participate in ASB’s events/competitions/meetings.
● ASB will not at any time purchase or in any way commercially acquire any personal data from any illegitimate or illegal databases.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
ASB collects and may process your personal data for the following purposes:-
● Contact purposes;
○ Event Coordination Purposes, to provide you with regular communications relating to the events that you have enquired on & participated on;
○ Financial purposes, relating to the any financial arrangements that may be entered by you with ASB (as the case may be) including but not limited to payment transactions or collection of any payments due to ASB;
○ For accounting, auditing or tax purposes;
○ Administrative purposes;
○ For the maintenance of customer databases and customer service related processes;
○ Research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
○ Reporting purposes such as yearly impact reports, event reports to relevant ministries, state departments, district departments, schools & teachers;
○ Where you have given your consent, to deliver marketing materials related to any other events by ASB; and/or
○ Other purposes necessary or related to the above mentioned purposes.
FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
The personal data provided by you is necessary to ASB. If you do not provide all the information as requested, ASB will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting ASB’s ability to accomplish the purposes stated in clause 3 above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
ASB may disclose your personal data to the following parties (whether in Malaysia or overseas) for the above stated purposes:-
● Any related, affiliated, holding or subsidiary companies of ASB;
● ASB’s appointed service providers that provide services relating to the purposes for which your personal data is collected, including services related to data processing (if any);
● ASB’s or its holding company’s professional advisors including but not limited to auditors, accountants, consultants or lawyers;
● Relevant ministries, state departments, district departments, schools & teachers;
● Other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
● ASB does not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, ASB may disclose your personal data in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any government or law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes or if required by law.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact ASB via email (by quoting Username & Full Name), email or telephone in accordance with the following:-
[Kindly visit www.ascendancepro.com from time to time for updates on ASB’s contact details (if any)]
This Notice is issued in English only.